Valentine quotes

• This fire that we call Loving is too strong for human minds. But just right for human souls.
    -- Aberjhani

#Strong #Valentine #Unconditional Love

• He: "Whale you be my valentine?" She: "Dolphinitely.
    -- Adam Young

#Valentine #Whales #Wordplay

• People value Halloween, like Valentine's Day, because they can tell themselves that it's not merely secularized but actually secular, which is to say, not Christian, Jewish, Hindu or Muslim.
    -- Amity Shlaes

#Christian #Halloween #Valentine

• I like Valentine's Day. The trouble is the florists and the candy-makers and the card people are all advertising so much, you don't dare let the day go by without making an offering, whether you mean it or not. Money exceeds affection.
    -- Andy Rooney

#Valentine #Mean #Offering

• Some women flirt more with what they say, and some with what they do.
    -- Anna Held

#Flirty #Valentine #Flirting

• Valentine's Day is a sham created by card companies to reinforce gender stereotypes. [..] I'll buy some cookies, but NOT for Valentine's Day. These cookies celebrate the February 14th birthday of Anna Howard Shaw, famed American suffragette.
    -- Anna Howard Shaw

#Valentine #Cards #Cookies

• Is Valentine's Day a day to make cupcakes with your children? No, Valentine's is supposed to be a day about romantic love.
    -- Ayelet Waldman

#Happiness #Children #Valentine

• I never knew that I could love someone the way that I love you.
    -- Ben Rector

#Valentines Day #Valentine #Love You

• Even in the very beginning when she would bump into George Valentine and people would start taking pictures of her, she never thought, 'I'm with George Valentine. I need to get a picture with him.' She's like 'oh that's funny. Everyone's taking pictures!'
    -- Berenice Bejo

#Valentine #People #Needs

• Women don't want to hear what you think. Women want to hear what they think - in a deeper voice.
    -- Bill Cosby

#Love #Women #Valentine

• Whatever you love most, be it sports, pleasure, business or God, that is your god!
    -- Billy Graham

#Valentines Day #Sports #Valentine

• I was in a band called The Valentines and they broke up last week.
    -- Bon Scott

#Valentine #Band #Lasts

• I remember being away somewhere, and I had forgotten it was Valentine's Day with a person, and that was very embarrassing.
    -- Bradley Cooper

#Valentine #Remember #Forgotten

• I'd kiss a frog even if there was no promise of a Prince Charming popping out of it. I love frogs.
    -- Cameron Diaz

#Valentine #Kissing #Promise

• My ideal Valentine's Day is spending it with someone you are in love with and for that someone to make you feel loved and appreciated.
    -- Candice Swanepoel

#Valentine #Appreciated #Spending

• If you don't have a valentine, hang out with your girlfriends, don't go looking for someone. When it's right, they'll come to you.
    -- Carmen Electra

#Girlfriend #Valentine #Dating

• On Valentine's Day, the Spirit Club plastered the school with red streamersand pink balloons and red and pink hearts. It looked like Clifford the Big Red Dog ate a flock of flamigoes and then barfed his guts up.
    -- Carolyn Mackler

#Dog #Valentine #Heart

• I'm everything I am because you loved me.
    -- Celine Dion

#Valentine

• If you can believe it, Hollywood wanted to change my birthdate. I was born after Valentine's Day, so they wanted to change it to February 14. A Latin lover should be born on Valentine's Day. I said no.
    -- Cesar Romero

#Latin #Believe #Valentine

• Do what you do. This Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year's Eve, Twelfth Night, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras, St. Paddy's Day, and every day henceforth. Just do what you do. Live out your life and your traditions on your own terms. If it offends others, so be it. That's their problem.
    -- Chris Rose

#New Year #Valentine #Night

• The first horror movie I saw, in first or second grade, was My Bloody Valentine [1981], where there's a deranged killer in a miner mask stalking a small coal town.
    -- Christopher Bollen

#Valentine #Coal #Killers

• Although the traditional focus of Valentine's Day is on women and the gifts they desire, this survey found that not only do men like to get gifts for Valentine's Day, but they also like those gifts to be luxurious. Sixty-three percent of the people we surveyed agreed that this Valentine's Day, Johnnie Walker Blue Label is a great gift for the men in their lives.
    -- Christopher Parsons

#Valentine #Men #Blue

• Working with Julie Andrews is like getting hit over the head with a valentine.
    -- Christopher Plummer

#Valentine #Andrew

• In the crowd of a million people I'll find my valentine, and then I'll climb the highest steeple and tell the world he's mine.
    -- Connie Francis

#Valentine #People #Dating

• I get letters every year from women who think Valentine's Day is an empty exercise, but are ironically pretty exercised when their boyfriends neglect or forget it.
    -- Dan Savage

#Valentine #Exercise #Thinking

• Mother's Day is a torment if your mother is dead. Valentine's Day is a torment if you don't got one. And at some point in our lives, we will be tormented by Valentine's Day even if we're relatively lucky in love.
    -- Dan Savage

#Mother #Valentine #Lucky

• Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate the joy of being in love. Unless you're single & lonely then it's called Laundry Day.
    -- Dane Cook

#Lonely #Valentine #Being In Love

• I was a big Blue Valentine fan. I really loved that movie. And I thought the performances were just unbelievably real, which is certainly what I always strive for in my work.
    -- Dane DeHaan

#Real #Valentine #Blue

• Valentine's Day money-saving tip: Break up on February 13th, get back together on the 15th.
    -- David Letterman

#Valentine #Together #Saving

• I like perfume and flowers.
    -- Donatella Versace

#Valentine #Flower #Perfume

• February is a month of months, and there is one special day: Valentine's Day on the 14th. I know it's still a ways off, but I just can't wait. Janice, if you're watching, will you make me the happiest man in the world and get out of my apartment?
    -- Ed Helms

#Valentine #Men #Waiting

• She learned her hands in a fairy-tale, And her mouth on a valentine.
    -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

#Valentine #Hands #Mouths

• I think they should create a holiday for friends-with-benefits relationships. Because I feel like Valentine's Day is, maybe it's a day to stay home and cry.
    -- Elizabeth Meriwether

#Valentine #Home #Holiday

• Sad thing is, you can still love someone and be wrong for them.
    -- Elvis Presley

#Life And Love #Valentine #Stills

• Everything's coming up roses - for me.
    -- Ethel Merman

#Valentine #Rose

• Valentine's Day is devoted to love. Why don't we have a day devoted to hatred? The raw, visceral hatred that is felt every hour of the day by ordinary people, but is repressed for reasons of social order. I think it would be very cathartic, and it would certainly make for an exciting six o'clock news.
    -- George Carlin

#Valentine #Thinking #Order

• I know him, February's thrush, And loud at eve he valentines On sprays that paw the naked bush Where soon will sprout the thorns and bines.
    -- George Meredith

#Valentine #Naked #Thorns

• I love Valentine's Day! I love it, I love it, I love it. I like having doors opened for me. My favorite romantic comedy is 'When Harry Met Sally.'
    -- Ginnifer Goodwin

#Valentine #Doors #Comedy

• Whoever decided that comic valentines were a good idea should have been sent away to think it over.
    -- Gladys Taber

#Valentine #Thinking #Ideas

• Johnny Rivers...returned to L.A. to accept a lucrative offer from Elmer Valentine to open at his lavish new nightclub based upon the popular European discotheque concept. Johnny Rivers at the Whisky A Go-Go turned Hollywood upside down. His first Imperial album, "Johnny Rivers At The Whisky A Go-Go," (produced by Lou Adler) was high in the charts for 45 weeks in 1964.
    -- Glenn A. Baker

#Valentine #Rivers #Hollywood

• I hope what's different for not only the channel 'It's Grace' 2014, but for the brand overall, is I hope to continue to expand into other areas of creative content and original content. We have 'Camp Takota' coming out on Valentine's Day - we're all so pumped for it! It's so exciting!
    -- Grace Helbig

#Valentine #Creative #Grace

• Valentine's day has gotten blown way out of proportion. Valentine's Day just used to be for your girlfriend or your wife but now everyone's like 'Oh, happy valentine's day!' I even got a Valentine's Day card from my grandmother. How ridiculous is that? We stopped having sex years ago!
    -- Greg Giraldo

#Girlfriend #Sex #Valentine

• Don't have Valentine this year, but all of you guys are mine
    -- Greyson Chance

#Valentine #Years #Guy

• Valentine's Day purely commercial, cynical enterprise, anyway. Matter of supreme indifference to me.
    -- Helen Fielding

#Valentine #Cynical #Matter

• Oh God. valentine's Day tomorrow. Why? Why? Why is (the) entire world geared to make people not involved in romance feel stupid when everyone knows romance does not work anyway. Look at (the) royal family. Look at Mum and Dad.
    -- Helen Fielding

#Dad #Stupid #Valentine

• A world without love is a deadly place.
    -- Helen Fisher

#Valentines Day #Valentine #Love Is

• Tell me how much you know of the sufferings of your fellowmen and I will tell you how much you have loved them.
    -- Helmut Thielicke

#Valentines Day #Valentine #Suffering

• People love in different ways. You may have a man who brings you flowers every Monday but doesn't give two hooty-hoots about Valentine's Day. Just because he doesn't give you a valentine doesn't mean he doesn't love you!
    -- Jada Pinkett Smith

#Monday #Love You #Valentine

• I'm bad on Valentine's Day, but even worse on Christmas. I go shopping at nine o'clock on December 24th every year. Nobody else is there. I'm in Toys'R'Us all by myself. I get there five minutes before closing.
    -- Jamie Foxx

#Christmas #Valentine #Shopping

• Neighborhood is a word that has come to sound like a Valentine. As a sentimental concept, 'neighborhood' is harmful to city planning. It leads to attempts at warping city life into imitations of town or suburban life. Sentimentality plays with sweet intentions in place of good sense.
    -- Jane Jacobs

#Sweet #Valentine #Play

• I feel bad for people who die on Valentine's Day. How much would flowers cost then, ten grand?
    -- Jay Leno

#Valentine #Flower #People

• A flower is a daisy chain, a graduation, a valentine; a flower is New Year's Eve and an orchid in your hair; a flower is a single geranium blooming in a tin can on a murky city fire-escape; an acre of roses at the Botanical Gardens; and the first gold crocus of spring! ... a flower is a birth, a wedding, a leaving of this life.
    -- Jean Hersey

#New Year #Spring #Valentine

• I'm a hopeless romantic. I love love. My middle name is Love. Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I want to have a family and children. I am a sucker for every romantic comedy that comes out.
    -- Jennifer Love Hewitt

#Romantic #Children #Valentine

• Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January.
    -- Jim Gaffigan

#Valentine #Would Be #February

• It was February sixth: eight days until Valentine's Day. I was dateless, as usual, deep in the vice grip of unrequited love. It was bad enough not having a boyfriend for New Year's Eve. Now I had to cope with Valentine datelessness, feeling consummate social pressure from every retailer in America who stuck hearts and cupids in their windows by January second to rub it in.
    -- Joan Bauer

#New Year #Valentine #Unrequited Love

• Here lies a she sun, and a he moon there; She gives the best light to his sphere; Or each is both, and all, and so They unto one another nothing owe; And yet they do, but are So just and rich in that coin which they pay, That neither would, nor needs forbear, nor stay; Neither desires to be spared nor to spare. They quickly pay their debt, and then Take no acquittances, but pay again; They pay, they give, they lend, and so let fall No such occasion to be liberal. More truth, more courage in these two do shine, Than all thy turtles have and sparrows, Valentine.
    -- John Donne

#Lying #Fall #Valentine

• A bride, before a "Good-night" could be said, Should vanish from her clothes into her bed, As souls from bodies steal, and are not spied. But now she's laid; what though she be? Yet there are more delays, for where is he? He comes and passeth through sphere after sphere; First her sheets, then her arms, then anywhere. Let not this day, then, but this night be thine; Thy day was but the eve to this, O Valentine.
    -- John Donne

#Good Night #Valentine #Clothes

• Valentine's Day is my mother's birthday. If I'm wildly in love, I've sent people chicken hearts, which seems to appeal to the kind of person that I've been in love with.
    -- John Waters

#Mother #Valentine #Heart

• Thanksgiving is the holiday that encompasses all others. All of them, from Martin Luther King Day to Arbor Day to Christmas to Valentine's Day, are in one way or another about being thankful.
    -- Jonathan Safran Foer

#Thanksgiving #Kings #Valentine

• My granddaddy on my momma's side, he was a romantic. He loved love songs. Every Valentine's Day, I remember him buying a red carnation for my grandmomma, my momma and my sister. That was something you could count on every year.
    -- Josh Turner

#Song #Valentine #Years

• I think careful cooking is love, don't you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who's close to you is about as nice a valentine as you can give.
    -- Julia Child

#Love #Nice #Valentine

• Talking of the local Sheriff, Jake Valentine, tall and skinny and his wife Myra, "She was a short woman, maybe five feet tall in her socks, the top of her head not quite reaching Jake's chest. What she lacked in height she made up for in girth. Jeffrey guessed she was at least a hundred pounds overweight. Standing side by side, the Valentines looked like the living embodiment of the number ten.
    -- Karin Slaughter

#Valentine #Talking #Feet

• But the Go-Go's are a very original, kind of organic thing.
    -- Kathy Valentine

#Valentines Day #Valentine #Kind

• A lot of people don't realize it, but I've a lot less success than I've have had success.
    -- Kathy Valentine

#Valentines Day #Valentine #People

• Yes, twenty-seven million in slavery is a lot of people, but it is just .0043 percent of the world's population. Yes, $23 billion a year in slave-made products as services is a lot of money but it is exactly what Americans spent on Valentine's Day in 2005. If humans trafficking generates $32 billion in profits annually, that is still a tiny drop in the ocean of the world economy.
    -- Kevin Bales

#Valentine #Ocean #Years

• I hate Valentine's day. It is a day for nothing but disappointment.
    -- Larisa Oleynik

#Disappointment #Hate #Valentine

• Death, jewelry, or magic; it sounded like Valentine's Day.
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Valentine #Magic #Jewelry

• My wife is really sentimental. One Valentine's Day I gave her a ring and to this day she has never forgotten those three little words that were engraved inside Made in Taiwan!
    -- Leopold Fechtner

#Best Love #Valentine #Wife

• Valentine's Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don't have a special someone, you're alone.
    -- Lewis Black

#Valentine #Holiday #Special

• The whole Valentine's thing is fine, but you don't back it up right next to the biggest gift-giving holiday of the year. Unbelievable. And we find it acceptable.
    -- Lewis Black

#Valentine #Holiday #Years

• When My Love Comes Back from the Ladies' Room, Will I Be Too Old To Care?
    -- Lewis Grizzard

#Valentine #Care #Rooms

• Lucas went even paler. “Then you’re on the track to suicide,” he whispered. “Take my advice, Valentine. Run. Run as fast as you can, for as long as you can. Steal whatever bit of life you can. You’re already dead.
    -- Lilith Saintcrow

#Suicide #Running #Valentine

• Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday.
    -- Lindsay Ellingson

#Valentine #Holiday

• I was a sidelines child: never class president, never team captain, never the one with the most valentines in my box.
    -- Lois Lowry

#Children #Team #Valentine

• Shirley Valentine is a beautiful character and so well written. What Shirley speaks and thinks is so logical
    -- Loretta Swit

#Beautiful #Valentine #Character

• In 2nd grade, a girl who was a friend of mine gave me a homemade valentine. Like, a real, handwritten one!
    -- Luke Benward

#Girl #Real #Valentine

• I've dreamed of this a thousand times before But in my dreams I couldn't love you more I will give you my heart Until the end of time... You're all I need, my love, my Valentine
    -- Martina McBride

#Music #Dream #Valentine

• Even if the sun refused to shine Even if romance ran out of rhyme You would still have my heart until the end of time You're all I need, my love, my Valentine
    -- Martina McBride

#Music #Valentine #Heart

• For me, one of the toughest things about Valentine's Day is that it gets geared up as the day to profess your love. See, T-E-S-T - that's a bad word that doesn't go with L-O-V-E.
    -- Matthew McConaughey

#Valentine #Bad Word

• Valentine cards and birthday wishes? Please...be on another level of planning, of understanding The bond between man and woman and child. The highest elevation, cause we above All that romance crap, just show your love.
    -- Method Man

#Children #Rap #Valentine

• I have many valentines. My mom and my sister and my directors. I got calls from all of them. And my friends. I respect what Valentine's Day stands for because it is about love
    -- Michelle Trachtenberg

#Mom #Valentine #Directors

• I like to do things for my wife on Valentine's Day. I open the door for her when she puts laundry in the washing machine.
    -- Milton Berle

#Valentine #Doors #Wife

• All my wife wanted for Valentine's Day was a little card - American Express.
    -- Milton Berle

#Valentine #Wife #Cards

• My wife sent me a Valentine card that said, "Take my heart, take my lips, take my soul." That's just like her. She kept the good parts for herself.
    -- Milton Berle

#Valentine #Heart #Wife

• My wife is a real Puritan. She thinks licking the stamp on the envelope of a Valentine is foreplay.
    -- Milton Berle

#Real #Valentine #Thinking

• Valentine's Day is the day when you remember that Cupid was a lousy shot.
    -- Milton Berle

#Valentine #Remember #Cupid

• Valentine's Day is like Armistice Day - you declare a truce.
    -- Milton Berle

#Valentine #Armistice

• Valentine's Day - a nice holiday because it's the first day of the rest of your wife.
    -- Milton Berle

#Nice #Valentine #Holiday

• The only thing that can break a piece of Valentine candy is another piece of Valentine candy.
    -- Milton Berle

#Valentine #Pieces #Break

• She was nice to him on Valentine's Day. She gave him a heart-shaped rash.
    -- Milton Berle

#Nice #Valentine #Heart

• My son really has the spirit of Valentine's Day. When he was in college, he used to send his mother a heart-shaped box of laundry.
    -- Milton Berle

#Mother #Valentine #Heart

• On Valentine's Day, I wired flowers for my mother-in-law, but she found the fuse.
    -- Milton Berle

#Mother #Flower #Valentine

• I don't know who St. Valentine was, but I hope he died alone, surrounded by couples.
    -- Miranda Hart

#Couple #Valentine

• I have a dream, and a plan, to combine the commercial possibilities of Valentine's Day with the substance and meaning of black history month. I call it: Blackentine's Day.
    -- Mo Rocca

#Dream #Valentine #Black History

• If you would and you could brighten my northern sky.
    -- Nick Drake

#Valentines Day #Valentine #Sky

• I have a box of things from Becca, my high school girlfriend, and Vanessa; and each one of them was love. I have the notes, the valentines, 20 mixed tapes, all of it. It's important to keep that stuff.
    -- Oliver Hudson

#Girlfriend #Valentine #School

• I love you. I honestly love you.
    -- Olivia Newton-John

#Love You #Valentine #Honestly

• Valentine had long ago observed that in a society that expected chastity and fidelity, like Lusitania, the adolescents who controlled and channeled their youthful passions were the ones who grew up to be both strong and civilized. Adolescents in such a community who were either too weak to control themselves or too contemptuous of society's norms to try usually ended up being either sheep or wolves- either mindless members of the herd or predators who took what they could and gave nothing.
    -- Orson Scott Card

#Strong #Valentine #Passion

• Valentine's Day is the hardest day of the year for a woman to get out, but everybody who is anybody and single is out that night.
    -- Patti Stanger

#Valentine #Night #Years

• People say I don't have great tools. They say that I can't throw like Ellis Valentine or run like Tim Raines or hit with power like Mike Schmidt. Who can? I make up for it in other ways, by putting out a little bit more. That's my theory, to go through life hustling. In the big leagues, hustle usually means being in the right place at the right time. It means backing up a base. It means backing up your teammate. It means taking that headfirst slide. It means doing everything you can do to win a baseball game.
    -- Pete Rose

#Baseball #Running #Valentine